10 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know

Mold infestation is widespread in most homes, and its presence can be the cause of many health problems. Mold can grow anywhere and once inside the body.

Warning signs of mold toxicity:

1. Headaches

First common sign of black mold toxicity is having frequent headaches.

living in an area with black mold for several hours can trigger a headache as a result of an allergic reaction to airborne mold spores. Headache may also be due to inflammation of the mucous membranes in the nasal cavities.

When you work or sit around a black mold and inhale the air, your head will start beating. It is a sign that your body is trying to fight the spores that are entering your system. The headache will improve once you leave the area and enter an open space and start inhaling fresh air.

If you spend time in a home or office affected by fungi and you get frequent headaches, it is a time to take your headache seriously before things fet worse.

2. Itchy / Watery eyes

Mycotoxins present in the air can immediately enter your eyes. When mycotoxins come into contact with the cells in your eyes, they cause your eyes to fill with water and become spicy.

You may also notice that your throat itches. This is a common problem related to the toxicity of black mold.

3. Excessive cough

The third most common warning sign of exposure to black mold is extreme cough and mucus.

Not all people exposed to mold develop a cough, but many people do, especially with prolonged exposure. Anyone having respiratory or immune system disorders are at a higher risk of developing coughs due to mold.

In the long term, intense exposure to mold can also cause bronchitis and pneumonia, which can also cause cough. You must visit a doctor to find out what exactly is causing the cough.

4. Asthma attacks

Another well-known warning sign of mold toxicity is having frequent asthma attacks. Mold spores can deposit in the lining of the nose and reach the lungs to cause asthma.

Mold exposure can make symptoms worse in people previously diagnosed with asthma. They may start having asthma attacks more frequently; the attacks may last longer and may appear more severe. The medications that helped earlier may not relieve the symptoms.

If asthma causes breathing problems, see your doctor immediately before things get worse.

5. Skin Pores

These toxic mold can enter the human body via skin pores. The immune system reacts to these mold as a dangerous element and in turn, triggers hives. The rash can cause itching, and excessive scratching can even be a cause of skin infection.

6. Depression

Exposure to mold can lead to depression. Therefore, if you live in a humid and moldy home and are getting depressed, then it is time to take it as a warning sign of mold toxicity.

Since depression can affect your mental and physical well-being, have it treated by a reputable doctor. You may also need the support of your family and friends to fight depression.

7. Digestive problems

Digestive system can be affected by mold by inhaling harmful substances called mycotoxins produced by mold.

Therefore, if you suddenly have problems such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and intestinal cramps, keep in mind that it could be due to mold toxicity.

8. Low energy level

Low energy is another sign of mold exposure.

There are several explanations since mold toxicity can cause symptoms that make you feel exhausted. For example, constant cough and asthma can limit the amount of oxygen you eat, which in turn makes you feel tired.

Also, if your cough and a headache keep you awake at night, you will feel tired the next day.

9. Joint pain

While respiratory problems and allergic symptoms are more common signs of mold exposure, joint pain is another warning sign of prolonged mold exposure.

Although experts do not understand the relationship between mycotoxins and joint pain, prolonged exposure to mold can indeed cause joint pain.

10. Sleep problems

In some people, exposure to mold can cause problems sleeping, you may find it difficult to sleep deeply in a damp or moldy room like a basement due to a peculiar smell. Also, once you realize that mold is harmful to your health, it can cause stress and anxiety, which in turn can give you sleepless nights.

In addition to that, mold toxicity can cause irritated and inflamed nasal passages, causing respiratory problems.